Saturday 16 January 2016

Song Update

Since the song I chose (J. Cole's Killers) is from an old mixtape, is quite rare to find on YouTube. So it was even more harder to find a clean version. The clean versions that I came across weren't the ones that I wanted to use. One of them had the reversing technique, which I found very distracting, The other clean version was edited the way I wanted but it was too low of quality, and only edited a few of  the words. After searching for more clean versions, which I didn't find, I decided that it was best if I made a clean version from scratch. So I decided to use Audacity, I imported the song and did a few trials of different editing techniques which were to either cut out the vocals at the right time, or to replace them with another word, or sound. I thought it sounded better if he vocal was just cut out and you just hear the instrumental. This was because it felt more natural, and wasn't distracting and it didn't make a whole difference to the song so listeners can still enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment